Braden Family Cookbook
Often seen names
Anthony Bourdain, Les Halles
- 1 to 2 chicken livers
- 2 ounces Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 ounces blended oil
- 1 shallot minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound large cut country bacon (about ½
inch by ½ inch by ½ inch)
- 2 heads frisee, washed and trimmed
- Roquefort or chevre cheese
- 4 slices of baguette, toasted
- For the dressing, saute the chicken livers
until cooked through. In a blender, puree liver
- with oil, vinegar, and shallots. Season
with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the salad, saute the lardons in a
medium saute pan over medium heat until crispy.
- Transfer with bacon fat into mixing bowl.
Toss with frisee and enough dressing until
- coated lightly.
Generously spread cheese on
Serve salad in individual
plates topped with 1 crouton.